A company affected by fraud faces:
– direct financial losses;
– indirect financial losses due to fines, lawsuits and actions needed to remedy fraud’s effects;
– indirect financial losses that are much more difficult to quantify and that produce longer-term effects, such as loss of market share, loss of potential customers, negative effects on the team, decreased productivity or reputational risk.
“Crisis Communication in the Context of Fraud” is the subject of the third panel within FRAUD SUMMIT, in which Roxana Hurducaș, Head of Marketing & Communication SPIA, explained how reputational risk can be reduced with the help of this type of communication.
Roxana has founded and currently leads the marketing and communication department of SPIA, leader of the Romanian new generation of private investigators, after being FAN Courier’s Marketing & PR Manager for more than 10 years. Auditor, marketing and communication adviser, Roxana Hurducaș has experience in coordinating marketing departments, brand management and communication campaigns, crisis communication, managing the relationship with the press and KOL, organizing events and internal communication. She joined SPIA in 2020 and guided the company towards a courageous, transparent and committed approach.
“Yes, it may seem strange that a specialized service, such as crisis communication, is added to the service portfolio of a business intelligence agency. But our decision came naturally, based on the experience gained in almost 10 years of anti-fraud investigations, corporate investigations, economic-financial investigations, due-diligence analysis, or risk management. In all these cases, the company risks being harmed not only by fraud per se, but also by reputation. Caught in a whirlwind, the company needs crisis communication specialists to take control and act quickly, concisely, and targeted – stakeholders need accurate, transparent information, delivered on time and without any confusion. Our crisis communication specialists join the company as consultants of the communication department or implement the crisis communication plan themselves, depending on the resources the company has available at the time of the crisis“, said Roxana Hurducaș.
Watching the episode below, you will find out:
– What is the link between fraud and crisis;
– If the “NO COMMENT” reaction , one that many companies prefer, works;
– What are the objectives of crisis communication;
– DOs & DONTs;
– What are the stages of a crisis communication plan;
– What is the best time for a company to react in terms of communication;
– The importance of prevention;
– Who is the most suitable person to communicate on behalf of the company in a time of crisis;
– What are the risks involved in the lack of a crisis communication strategy.
Perhaps the most important aspect to remember in this panel is that the role of crisis communication is to protect the company, being the tool used to turn the crisis into an opportunity.
The first edition of FRAUD SUMMIT was organized with the support of act Botezatu Estrade Partners, as Main Partner, together with wall-street.ro and Kiss FM, Media Partners. If you want your business to be immune to fraud, write to us at email@example.com.
Watch the entire episode in audio and video format or on any of the platforms below:
» YouTube: https://youtu.be/ndWUfOOC-FM
Listen this episode 3 HERE:
Watch this episode 3 HERE: